Here is a page compiling various posts for non-physicists on physics topics. I’m just getting started with this site, so I’ve put in a bunch of topics I’d like to cover to start with. I will add more topics as I think of things.
Also just a disclaimer: These are largely meant to be brief explanations for non-experts. I can’t guarantee that everything is 100% correct so this is not meant to be a replacement for a textbook if you really want to learn a subject properly.
Basic Concepts in Particle Physics & Astrophysics
- Cross Sections
- Decay Widths
- History of the Universe Part I: Basics
- History of the Universe Part II: The Evolution of the Universe
- History of the Universe Part III: Thermal History
- Dark Matter Evidence: Galactic Clusters
- Dark Matter Evidence: Galactic Rotation Curves
- Dark Matter Evidence: Lensing
- Indirect Evidence for Dark Matter
- On the Density of Dark Matter
- On the Properties of Dark Matter
- Dark Matter Candidates: WIMPs
- Dark Matter Candidates: MACHOs
- Dark Matter Candidates: Axions
- Dark Matter Candidates: Other
- WIMP Interactions with Matter
- Direct Detection
- Indirect Detection
- Collider Searches
- Two Phase LXe TPCs
- Cryogenic Germanium Detectors
- What Are Neutrinos?
- How Many Neutrinos Are There?
- Neutrino Oscillations, or, Do Neutrinos Have Mass?
- Neutrino Mass Experiments
- Neutrino Detection
- Reactor Oscillation Experiments
- Short Baseline Accelerator Experiments
- Long Baseline Accelerator Experiments
- Solar Neutrinos
- Supernova 1987A
- Cosmic Ray Neutrinos